SIS offers a comprehensive Graduate Support Program (GSP) for its students and alumni. The GSP is a cornerstone of our mission and includes free academic, social and financial support for students and graduates as they navigate the high school and college admissions process.
For SIS middle school students, the program staff will:
- Assist families with the process of applying to high school, collect and distribute information about various Catholic, public, independent and boarding schools; work with students and families to ensure that each student finds a high school best suited to his or her academic potential.
- Prepare students for the November TACHS exam, a requirement for admission into Catholic high schools.
- Arrange presentations conducted by representatives of high schools and arrange shadow-day high school visits to observe student life.
- Assist parents and guardians in filling out financial aid forms and scholarship applications.
- Expose students to the college environment through partnership with collegiate volunteers and field trip activities at local college campuses.
- Provide need based scholarships to alumni if their high school of choice does not offer adequate financial aid.
For all SIS alumni in high school, the program staff will:
- Work with graduates, giving academic guidance and support on topics related to school, family, and other issues.
- Coordinate with high school guidance departments and supplement with individual support as needed.
- Provide after school tutoring for high school students who are struggling academically.
- Provide opportunities for sophomores and juniors to visit colleges.
- Assist juniors and seniors with the college admissions process, which includes a College Essay Workshop, SAT preparation, college research and visits, and assistance with yearly financial aid applications.
- Conduct quarterly meetings specific to each grade in high school.
- Young Professionals Board hosted College Information session for sophomores and juniors.
- Provide a Common Application workshop in August for seniors.
- Offer seniors the opportunity to participate in our Young Professionals Board College Mentor Program.
- Offer monthly events to welcome graduates back to SIS such as Pizza Fridays and weekend basketball games.
SIS is committed to college access, retention and completion and provides its students and their families with the necessary tools to achieve these goals.
For all SIS alumni in college, the program staff will offer:
- Assistance in the areas of course selection, transfer requirements, applications, scholarship opportunities, accessing resources, social and emotional support and transcript requests.
- Stipends to assist with incidentals, books, and/or travel home.
- Opportunities to stay connected with classmates through alumni events.
- Internship and job opportunities.
- Assistance should a student need to transfer or if a graduate would like to return to college.
Follow the Graduate Support Program on Instagram!